Saturday, November 7, 2009

First Snow of the Year on Wednesday!

It's here! We had our first snow on Wednesday! They were actually picture perfect snowflakes, but the camera had trouble picking them up. It snowed all morning until about 10:00a.m. but ofcourse nothing stuck to the ground.

As the songwriter wrote: "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas . . ."

This has been a busy week. I've been working on getting Christmas decorations organized and packed into bins (as opposed to boxes) and I think that I'm finally caught up with everything back in the attic. Mom keeps laughing at me because we'll be pulling them back down in about three weeks, but I figure it will be lots nicer to unpack the stuff when it's all neatly put in bins.

Tomorrow we have our Bible Fellowship with friends, so that means a nice day out with a potluck meal. I've been making a chocolate peppermint cake with cream cheese frosting (flavored with mint extract and crushed candy canes). I'm sitting here waiting for the cakes to cool so that we can frost them . . .

Here is a clip from the Danny Kaye show that we found this morning. This is Danny Kaye & Louis Armstrong singing their version of "When the Saints Go Marching In"! We saw D.K.'s movie On the Riviera last night and it was hilarious! The last two and a half minutes was worth the whole film! More later . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment