Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's the end of July already?!

Wow! Where has the time gone?! It's just flying away this Summer. Well, this has been a busy week, so I hardly know where to begin.

Mom and the two of us went "chair" shopping on Wednesday. Elizabeth and Dad really needed some new chairs up in the Library/TV Room as theirs were really worn out. There aren't a ton of furniture stores around here, but we found three of them and literally sat in every chair they had. I never thought that sitting was such hard work! ;)

The next day found me up in the Library cleaning the place out from top to bottom. Boy, was that a job. I was moving furniture and vacuuming all the deep, dark corners. Yesterday the new furniture was delivered, and it's perfect! I'll have to take a picture of it, but Dad got a new chair (a fancy recliner type) and Elizabeth and I ended up with a red, leather loveseat in our corner.

Here is a picture of our hops plant. It is growing up one of the clothesline poles out in the backyard, and all the little blossoms have started to pop out in the last week. Isn't it beautiful?! I am dying to see how it smells, but the blossoms are not big enough yet. This plant is a form of research for our WWII novel, as the characters live on a hops farm. I've read about the hops plant, but it's a lot more amazing in real life! More coming, and there is going to be some exciting news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment