Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Five Special Years with Beatrice

Wow! I can hardly believe it, but we've had Beatrice five years as of today. She's my special girl-cat, who actually picked me. We had gone to the local shelter to get another kitty for Elizabeth since her little cat, Deanna, had just died. We hadn't been there for more than five minutes when this tiny, little black cat came up to rub on my legs. She was a little peanut of a thing (she weighed six pounds at the time and was actually overweight!) and so cute, so I picked her up. She climbed right into the hood of my winter coat and went to sleep. Well, I had to keep her, so she came home that night. She was seven months old and had been at the shelter ever since she was a few weeks old. All of her siblings had found their special homes, but nobody wanted Beatrice because she was black. Poor girly.

After five years, she is very happy, and the queen of the house. She never gets over eight pounds, and she's certainly the smallest cat in the house, but she's the queen of the place and everybody knows it! She has frenetic "frenzies" when she wants love and just rubs all over and can't stop moving. The only thing that calms her down in music be Brenda Lee. :) Beatrice is certainly a special little blessing . . . God knew that I needed her!

No comments:

Post a Comment