Sunday, June 26, 2011

Another Needle Felted Doll (Gnome) Finished!

This one's named "Pat and Mike" --- after the old Irish jokes. "Pat" is the squirrel and "Mike" is the gnome! Together, they weigh 1.875 ounces and stand 7-1/4" tall (to the tip of Mike's hat). They took approx. 35 hours to complete. They are made from a mixture of wool that includes Corriedale, Merino and a "Briar Rose" blend. I used .40 and .42 gauge needles on them, and the feather is a real feather --- not a felted one! ;)

It looks like they are going down to the State Fair instead of the Hercule Poirot doll. I'm still not totally decided though, so we'll see. I started "Pat and Mike" about a month ago, so I'm really happy to have finished him by now. I don't think that I'll have the same amount of felting time this Summer as in the Winter. Ah, how sad. The next needle felted doll is going to be a present, so it will be a little while before pictures are up of that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment