Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Joys of Summer (i.e. A Cold Stone Creamery Milkshake!)

Time marches on . . . and I haven't been blogging. Hmmm. I just realized that I haven't posted anything all month! Oh no. It's been pretty hot this week, and we've been busy bees. Dad's been getting lots of yard work done, and I've been helping him weed. Most of the Spring plants are dying back already, so there aren't many flowers out right now. We had a lot of irises bloom this year --- this is the first time that we've seen some of them.

I finally got some of the upstairs closet cleaned out. Sorted through clothes, and we got rid of a ton of stuff that we don't need. We took Dad out on Sunday to Lunch. We figured to that we'd do our "Father's Day" thing on a weekend when everybody else isn't going to the same places. It was really a banner day, as we decided to get an ice-cream cake to take home. We hadn't bought one in ten years or more, so we remembered that someone had told us about Cold Stone Creamery. So, we went in and picked out the cutest little chocolate cake --- then it happened. Mom convinced me to get a milkshake. A chocolate milkshake. I was a bit skeptical as we getting a cake already. Never mind. Make Mom happy. I'll get one if somebody shares it with me. Take it out to the car and, reluctantly, try it. Joy! Wow! Amazing! Okay, so if somebody wants a drink out of it . . . I guess that I could spare one. Just one. That was the best milkshake ever. Wow! Can't wait to try an Oreo one next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment