Monday, October 1, 2012

'You're in Love With Someone' as Sung by Bing Crosby

I am SO happy! Mom found something on eBay last week that she bought for me, and it arrived today. For years, Elizabeth and I have wanted to see the film Top O' the Morning. It stars Bing Crosby, Barry Fitzgerald and Ann Blyth. The story is set in Ireland. The plot? The Blarney Stone has been stolen, and it's up to the town constable (Barry Fitzgerald) and the insurance detective (Bing) to find out who did the awful deed.

The sad thing is that the movie hasn't been released on DVD. A big "thank you" goes to Jerry, who actually had the film on his computer and was able to send it to us!! The movie was great, and the songs were fabulous. In fact, Bing sings a love song called You're in Love With Someone. It's probably one of my top three favorite songs. Ever. Wow! I mean, it doesn't get more romantic than this. I don't usually embed videos on this blog, but this is an exception --- so here it is.

The thing that Mom got was the original sheet music for this song. Wow! It is (apparently) quite rare, so it's really special that she got it! It arrived in the mail today, and Elizabeth and I have already played it. Oh boy!! Boy howdy! Goody gumdrops! Yippee, yahoo and double goody! (Okay, so that used up all of the expressions that I can think of to express my extreme pleasure.) More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment