Monday, May 13, 2013

Group Pictures with the New Poirot Dolls

Here are some "group pictures" showing some of my other needle felted dolls or sculptures standing with the new Hercule Poirot dolls. It's very hard to get pictures of them together as many of the dolls vary in size --- not to mention that some of them are sitting down. So, I posed them on the piano. It shows the scale of the different dolls, anyway!



First, here is Mom's Poirot doll standing with the two new ones. This makes three large Poirot dolls that I've felted, and it's amazing how each one has its own personality. In fact, I had so much fun making them that I've decided to start a Captain Hastings doll today! Captain Hastings is my very favorite character from the Agatha Christie books (particularly as portrayed by Hugh Fraser in the TV shows), so it's only fair to make a doll of him as well. :)



Next, here is a group shot that shows some of the more recent dolls (minus all of the gnomes). You can see that the Poirot shows have played a rather active part in my felting inspiration. The two dolls in center are based on the Meissen figurines and Victory Ball costumes as seen in the episode, The Affair at the Victory Ball. As of now, I'm planning on Captain Hastings next and, hopefully, Elrond after that . . . but things are always subject to change!

It's been absolutely freezing here all day yesterday and again today. We're actually having to heat the house again. Sad thing is, I have to go out and mow the lawn (I'm not a fan of cold and windy weather!). The good thing is that the sun is shining a bit, so maybe it won't be too bad. ;) More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment