Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happiness is Swallows. Barn Swallows, that is.

They're back. I had two little swallow friends flitting around me while I was mowing the back yard this morning. They are my absolute favorite birds. Not only are they the most graceful, beautiful things in the world, but they also eat the bugs that just drive me crazy while mowing. Not a bad combination.

Well, we saw another fabulous western today. Starring, guess who?! Dan Duryea. Boy, is he a great actor. That's a statement --- not a question. ;) The film was Silver Lode, and it's a fictional, western version of "McCarthyism justice" to go with the McCarthy Communist scandals. Dan Duryea is a Federal Marshal (named "McCarty") out to kill a wanted man before proving him guilty of the alleged crime. This is one that we'll have to have Buddy and Kay over to watch. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment