Thursday, August 20, 2009

Meet One of My Princes: Dennis Morgan

Well, I thought that I would introduce you all to my "Disney Princes". These are singers that fall into a certain category of "high tenors" who, in my opinion, sound like the traditional Disney Princes (i.e. Snow White, Cinderella & Sleeping Beauty). The list is small, but under Bing and Nelson you can't find better singers anywhere.

In no particular order, they are (as in picture above from left): Tony Martin, Kenny Baker, Allan Jones, Dennis Morgan and Gordon MacRae. It all started because I absolutely love the song from Disney's Cinderella, "So This is Love", sung by "Cinderella" and her Prince (Mike Douglas). Then, one day, I heard a song by Allan Jones that sounded just like that . . . and so the first of my Princes was born. For years I've "collected" Princes by listening to records or watching old musicals.

I thought that it would be fun to feature a Prince in a blog entry every now and then, so here is the first one. This is Dennis Morgan singing a song to (and with) Doris Day in the movie "I've Got a Feeling". It is called Absent-minded Heart. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment