Monday, April 5, 2010

I got a "new" Nelson Eddy scrapbook!

Nelson Eddy. That's a name that really makes me grin. I'm a nut about him. Oh boy. Mom and Elizabeth have helped me out through the years with this "problem" by giving me a huge Nelson Eddy scrapbook from the '30s for Christmas. They even gave me a postcard with a genuine autograph on it. Alas, all this has succeeded in doing is making me even more crazy about him!

Very happily, I was able to aquire another Nelson Eddy scrapbook a couple weeks ago! This is not a very large scrapbook (42 double-sided pages in all), but it has something special in it. The girl who kept it actually saw him in person twice and saved both programs and one ticket stub! Cool, huh?!



The girl who kept it was named Adrienne Auerswald. She was actually a pretty famous voice teacher when she grew up and only just passed away. She lived in Tulsa at the time she was keeping this scrapbook and saw Nelson Eddy in 1936 and 1937. Wow! Just imagine. I guess I was just born about seventy years late . . . sigh.



These are just pictures of some of the things that I thought were especially cool. Just click on any of the pictures to enlarge them. Hope you enjoy them! After all, nothing can beat Nelson Eddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment